PLEASE NOTE: to view or order backgrounds please visit my new account barbbrookbank dot com:
Photography backgrounds are something I’m constantly looking for; old wooden doors, rusty metal trays, and recently, even my garage floor! I don’t think a person can have too many photography backgrounds!
However, with my lifestyle the way it is (travelling between two places, always on the go) I was forced to come up with creative solutions … I couldn’t very well carry our garage floor under the front seat on an airplane ;)
So, after much trial and error, I came up with a line of vinyl photography backgrounds which I’m now offering for 4Sale. They’re durable, waterproof, portable, and realistic. Perfect for still life, food, and product photography.
Vinyl Photography Backgrounds
- Images (such as wooden doors, cement, etc) are high resolution images, shot with a full size dslr in raw format, edited in Lightroom, and/or Photoshop
- A test background is printed on durable vinyl which has been carefully sourced for best results
- The actual vinyl background is used to shoot a still life image (most often a flatlay) and if it passes the “realistic” test, it is offered for sale
- The backgrounds are durable, waterproof, portable, and realistic; perfect for still life, food, and product photography
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the backgrounds made of?
- durable, waterproof vinyl
How big are the backgrounds?
- the backgrounds are 20″ x 36″
What is the best way to store them?
- lay flat, or
- roll loosely and store in the box it is shipped in
- roll loosely, wrap with a piece of paper, and tie with a piece of string
- never fold your backgrounds! folding will produce creases that may not come out
Are they waterproof?
- all backgrounds are waterproof but use caution to avoid spillage and wipe immediately to avoid staining (especially colourful fruit such as raspberries or strawberries)
Are they heat resistant?
- no, they are not heat resistant and will become distorted if exposed to heat so do not place hot dishes directly on the background
Why does the colour of my background look slightly different than the background I ordered online?
- all monitors display colour and brightness differently
- and remember, when you are shooting your own images, different light situations result in different tones: morning light is blue (cool), afternoon and evening light is yellow (warm)
How do I use the backgrounds?
- for flatlays, we recommend placing the background on a smooth surface such as a large piece of white foam core (available at most craft stores)
- in a vertical image, use small bits of masking tape to secure the background to foam core, and position it behind your scene
Where are the backgrounds created, and where do you ship?
- the backgrounds are created in Canada and are shipped worldwide (shipping costs vary)
- prices quoted in US Dollars
- in Canada and the US, up to three backgrounds may be shipped together with no extra shipping charges
- packaged using a strong, Canada Post-approved shipping box and label
- shipping is by Canada Post and is Expedited and Tracked
How do I Order?
What form of payment do you accept?
- no refunds or returns (please examine background carefully before purchasing)
- in the unlikely event that the background is damaged in shipping, please contact us within 3 days along with photos and description of damage