One more for the Arizona series… that birds’ nest, as found at a garage sale for 25 cents … priceless!
I do bring home the most (unusual) things from garage sales … most people are looking for dishes or tools … but me, I head for the birds’ nests and crumbling antlers :)
I am so thankful we’re home. As I mentioned yesterday the hubs and I were dealing with food poisoning and a long flight home late last night. What a painful day it was, but you just have to do what you just have to do, right.
It was an awful day, but here are the moments of gratitude I found within it:
- Our flight wasn’t until 8:30 pm which gave us time to rest … we both napped all afternoon, between well, you know :(
- Finding three seats in a row at the airport lounge and falling deeply asleep… head on hubby’s lap. I didn’t/couldn’t care what people thought.
- Having someone keep asking you “how are you doing?”
- I heard two other couples ask the people they were with this very same question. How are you doing? I think it’s a question we should be asking people more often … randomly.
- Once on the plane, discovering that the seat beside me was empty! Again, I laid down … falling asleep. My stomach overruled the cramped space and the painful thing jabbing me in the side.
- The fact that I’m nimble enough to fit within two airplane seats (lol!)
- Falling into my own bed at home at 2:30 and literally going out like a light … a good sleep.
- Spending Saturday on the sofa, sipping tea and nibbling toast. No one here has expectations of dinner.
Thank you for your kind comments on my last post … I’m really happy some of the stuff I post here is inspiring!
Oh, and by the way, how are you doing?