Welcome to Sunday Sundries (on Monday!) It’s been on a bit of a hiatus … although I did manage to do a couple features on Instagram. Today, its all about me ;) however, if you’d like to see the feature from the IG gallery, check it out here.
October is a month of giving thanks, extra thanks that is, because in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October and my gratitude list is endless …
I’m thankful for all the delicious little gifts our friends bestowed upon us from their orchard and their garden. Gifts to eat, and gifts that made for lovely photographs:
And now, I’m grateful for:
- The return of warmer temperatures which was enough to melt the two huge dumps of snow we received, allowing us to put the yard to bed before winter truly sets in.
- A beautiful Thanksgiving spent with family (although it sorta felt like Christmas!)
- The fact that our family members made it here safely! A winter storm was on it’s way that Friday night and I had no idea … it snuck up on me.
- Fires in the fireplace. Having a real fire is like having a beautiful, warm presence in the room. It radiates heat and comfort in a most amazing way.
- Cozy blankets and throws that were used all weekend.
- Sunrises that blow you away with intense colour and beautiful reflections on the lake.
- Having fresh peonies (from my garden) in October.
- Succulents. Never enough succulents! I love to bring them indoors to see what strange contortions they will come up with! With lower light levels they bend and twist and go leggy—so interesting!
I have dozens more things I could add to this list, but I’ll just leave them in my private journal so as not to bore you!
Have a lovely day!