Check out my tutorial with 5 easy steps for creating a beautiful dictionary wreath!
Be still my heart! I have my very own book page wreath!
I’ve been ogling these gorgeous wreaths out in bloggyland for months so I finally went to my favourite antique/garage sale store and for $5.00 I bought ‘The Consolidated Webster Encyclopedic Dictionary – A Library of Essential Knowledge circa 1957’ and proceeded to tear it apart.
I started rolling and stapling and gluing and I didn’t stop until I couldn’t push in one more cone. Love.
Love. Love. Love.
Love, I tell ya.
Here’s my mini tutorial in a nutshell:
- Use glue to cover the top of a large ice cream container with some dictionary pages and put a punched circle in the middle as a guide to keep the wreath balanced.
- Use a pen to roll each page then slowly release the bottom until the top fans out into a cone.
- Staple the bottom of the cone to secure it.
- Glue each cone to the ice cream lid, in a circular pattern.
- Make the cones smaller as they get closer to the middle.