It doesn’t matter how many vacations a person takes, when you come home to this you simply have to embrace it. My part of the world is peaceful, calm, beautiful and safe, and I’m beyond grateful for that. I have the luxury of going for walks and noticing the everyday miracles. Like this frosty, crusty lock on the mailbox. Do you see the heart? #iseehearts
Sorry if my pic’s are getting monotonous.
The snow ghosts are back.
Yes, we walk no matter what (well, actually I draw the line at -25C with a windchill).
I’ve been a bit slow this week and can’t seem to get going some days. I’m feeling a bit uninspired and I’m eating too much; i.e. carbs. Must be post vacation blues. Wait a minute … I ate too many carbs on vacation too … hmmm …
I know it can’t be a lack of light because Alberta has an abundance of sunshine and the days are getting longer. Where it used to be dark at 4:00, it’s now still light until after 6:00. By the summer solstice, our sun sets after 10:00 and for a few days is seems like the light lingers in the sky almost all night.
In my post last week “10 Things I Love about Arizona” I promised that when I got home I’d write a list of 10 things I love about my home. I just realized that I’ve practically written it today.
1. It’s peaceful, calm, beautiful and safe.
2. There are miracles everywhere.
3. I love my house, my bed, my kitchen, etc.
4. I love that we live on a lake.
5. I love that we have so much sunshine, even though it’s cold.
“Alberta enjoys the highest number of sunny days in Canada — more than 2,300 hours of sunshine each year. Even in winter the sky is often clear as the sun shines brightly on the sparkling snow. In June, daylight hours can reach 16 to 18 hours per day.”
6. Even power poles and lines can be beautiful.
7. Our family is here.
8. I do love the changing seasons.
9. We’re close to Jasper and Banff – world class destinations.
10. It’s just plain home. It’s in my blood.
Have a wonderful Friday. I’m off for my walk.