We are up to our eyeballs in snow, and it’s still coming down, so that has me in quite the festive mood!
Yes, I do love getting ready for Christmas! I’m a bit conflicted though, because as I look around blogland, people are still posting autumn leaves… I can’t get my head around that…
Isn’t is amazing how our environment dictates our very thoughts?
I didn’t take many photos this week, so I rummaged around in my files and found these sweet snowpeople from last Christmas.
But today is about Friday Finds at Kim Klassen dot com. I love this meme – simple, no rules, fun! So I thought I would list 5 things I found this week:
- First up, my new D7100 is broken (boo) and has gone to the hospital for at least 4 weeks, probably more… so the best find I made was my old camera and the battery, which was not an easy feat. Whew! Take note, people – if you get a new camera, hang on to your old one.
- I found out that Adobe’s Photoshop Photography Program, which includes Photoshop CC, and Lightroom 5 is now only available until December 2nd. Initially, I had heard it was until the end of the year and was flabbergasted to see that the deadline had changed. I bit the bullet, and joined the Cloud.
- I found out about the power of a helping hand in blogland. Last Friday, I posted my Antique Grater to the Party Junk linky at Funky Junk Interiors. Tuesday morning when I checked my fb page, I had gained over 500 likes! I panicked, and thought I was being spammed. After I got hold of myself, I checked my mail and found this sweet note from Donna “Barb, your photography is just OUT of this world. I’m sorry it took me so long to clue in. :) I know who you are… I know your wreaths a mile away. Girl, it’s time you get featured. And this sifter flower vase did it for me. I Love That Junk and various other places around the land will be catching a glimpse of this beauty! Thanks for linking up!” She encouraged her readers to visit me, and I’ve gone from 31 followers to over 900. How does one repay that? Thank you, Donna!
- I found some beautiful, ginormous Poinsettias at Superstore (very affordable).
- I found an email in my inbox from a company that wants me to do a sponsored post – I am beyond excited – it’s a great company and a great opportunity!
A pretty lengthy post here – hope you are still with me. I’m heading over to the Cafe to see what everyone else has been up to this week.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Barbara Hurst says
Looks like you have had a very productive week well maybe not with your camera being in the hospital but otherwise good for you since that is what you want. I can’t say I am in the Christmas mood, raining here and loving it as we don’t see if very often so I am enjoying the new moisture. Love the little snow people and congrats on all your new readership.
Congrats on the FB likes!! What a huge achievement. Your photo with the Christmas lights bokeh is stunning. Hope you have a great weekend!
So much snow does seem to dictate the kind of posts we make…I’m ready for the snow people as well, but it’s only rain here so far. Boo on your camera ER visit, but happy you have the backup. Wow, what an exciting week for new followers and opportunities!! That is wonderful Barb, and well deserved! Enjoy the moment.
Many congrats Barb you deserve it your blog is wonderful (as are your tutorials on DS) so much snow I saw on your IG shots. Still greenish here with not many leaves left in my part of the UK. being in the SW of England we do tend to get milder weather although it’s pretty cold today. Have a great warm and cosy weekend…
Thank you, Viv!
Barb, I didn’t even realize that you had a FB page! Just checked it out and liked it! I know what I’m going to do while I drink my tea this morning! Enjoy your weekend!
love the cute snowpeople. laughing at you thinking you were being spammed. :)
Michelle B says
Congratulations! Your snowmen are super cute, I like the tree lights in the background.
I like Christmas and all the lights and deco … We have a tradition in the Family that we decorate the house on the 1st Advent … yet I crafted the paper hearts … It’s a lovely time we’re entering into, the Holiday season!
So sorry to hear about your camera! Yes, when I upgraded, I kept my old camera for just this reason. Your picture is lovely … but oh, no! No snow for me yet, please! We still have pockets of color that I hope to capture before it disappears. And I’m hoping our winter doesn’t bring us much snow, it often doesn’t. Have a great weekend … and stay warm!
Deanna@Snippets from Springdale says
Oh wow, all such good news, except the broke camera. Yes, I have held on to my D7000 and plan on keeping it, for just this reason. And I have the D7100 too. Is there something I should know about the “broken” camera?? And so much excitement that you have a company that wants a sponsored post!! YIPPEE!!
kim klassen says
wonderful news…. aside from the sick camera….. i hope it comes back…sooner than later.
winter is here as well…… so chilly….. the wind is wicked today.
S. Etole says
Those are great little snowpeople. My kitty is a tad too interested in tree decorations to put it up quite yet.
Wow! Congrats on your new exposure! Very exciting! Sorry about the camera. Patience would be my trouble, waiting for the repair.
I just looked at the pictures. GORGEOUS! Oh,my. I’ll have to PIN it also. It’s just so beautiful. Something to aspire to. Linda
Thank you so much, Linda!
Cute snowmen, Barb, no snow here, but cold …
What exciting news, congrats on your fb likes !
Have a great weekend,
Congratulations, Barb! I’m certain all that “like” -ing is well deserved. Love your snowmen and Christmas tree bokah! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
You go girl! Just don’t forget us when you’re ubber famous.
Lisa RedWillow says
Barb this is beautiful. . And for FB. Congrats. I need to get over there when I next sign in.. Sometimes its hard to keep up with it all and sometimes I just cant or wont.
Enjoy the Sun,, Its magnificent
Hi Lisa! Yes, I hear you about it being hard to keep up!
It’s coming onto Summer in my part of the world….. so it’s quite amazing to be reading blogs on snow and cold.
PS…love your images of your Christmas decorations.