Even though I am (ahem) . . . a bit older, and school days are waaaaayyy behind me, I still get the bug this time of year to go and buy school supplies. It’s just so much darn fun!
Luckily I have my Blog and My Creative Team duties that I need to keep track of. I have tried all different kinds of organizing tools and have spent a small fortune in supplies that I am just not going to use. I’ve also found that keeping track of things in a spreadsheet or calendar on the computer just does not cut it for me.
So yesterday I found myself at Walmart in the school supplies section poring over different notebooks, calendars, and pens. And then I went to Staples and drooled over Martha Stewart Office . . .
- The best calendar for me is the cheapest planner by Mead. It has a full month view plus a day-by-day view. It’s lightweight, not too big and fits in my computer bag and goes with me everywhere. Now is the time to buy it – you won’t find it later in the year . . .
- A 5 subject notebook by Hilroy works perfectly for notes – it too is lightweight and fits in my computer bag.
- The most expensive items were the Avery colour-coding dots . . . you can’t buy a pack with 5 colours – oh no – you have to buy separate packs for each colour – grrrrrr . . .
- The Martha Stewart dividers and post-it notes are too much fun!
- I do all this organizing because I have my blog to run. I also have 100 blog posts to write for Digital Scrapper (over and above the 4 posts I already do each month). I have 2 tutorials a month with strict deadlines and I am considering adding 2 more scrapbook page assignments per month to the 8 I am already committed to.
- I have so many classes on the go that I can hardly keep track of them, let alone do them . . .