This 3-minute baked apple is a fast and easy meal solution I tend to fall back on time and time again.
It’s great for a quick meal if you happen to be alone, or there are just a couple of you. I especially love it for breakfast, but with the addition of a few extra sweet tidbits, it makes a lovely and healthy dessert.
Wash, core and slice one apple (I don’t peel it) and place in an individual microwave-safe dish:
- Add about 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice), a bit of lemon juice, a dab of coconut oil or butter, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Microwave on high for 2 – 3 minutes depending on your microwave and your taste.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts, or walnuts, or almonds … really the choices are endless. In fact I should just say “clean out your pantry!”
- Add a bit of granola, sweetened coconut flakes, raisins, cranberries and/or bits of chocolate.
- Pour a bit of milk or cream on top.
- Serve with a slice of cheddar cheese or ice cream :)