Cream cheese and hazelnut cookies people! Need I say more?
PLUS!! I dipped them in melted chocolate and AGAIN in hazelnuts. OMGoodness.
All I can say is ’tis the season (and maybe if you get out for that daily walk it won’t seem so … so … scandalous ;)
Cream Cheese and Hazelnut Cookies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp plus 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted and chopped fine
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped very fine (to roll logs in)
- Sift together flour and salt. Cream butter and cream cheese on medium until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in sugar and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture. Mix until just combined (do not over mix). Mix in toasted hazelnuts.
- Divide dough into two equal amounts and shape each piece into an 8 1/2 inch long log (about 2 inches in diameter). Roll each log in 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts.Wrap each log in parchment and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. Remove one log from freezer. Cut log into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Transfer to baking sheets.
- Bake, switching positions of sheets and rotating halfway through, until cookies are golden around the edges, 18 - 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Repeat the process with remaining dough using cooled cookie sheets.