Hello, and welcome to Sunday Sundries! I’m here to ramble on about my week, it helps me be grateful and to “celebrate” all the small (and large) extraordinary moments in my life. I started this practice as a result of “My Word for 2015” and it has had such a positive influence on the way I’ve lived my life this year. One word.
I’m celebrating the Summer Solstice (June Solstice) which occurs in my part of the world on Sunday, June 21 at 10:39 am … now what’s not to celebrate about that!? 17:02:47 hours of daylight … how very amazing.
I took this photo on Friday afternoon. My second wave of lilacs are blooming (and oh yes! Amy reminded me that a second wave of lilacs is something to celebrate, thank you Amy), so I set a bouquet on the deck and sat back and waited. It wasn’t long until Mr. Swallowtail paid me a visit.
Now, I didn’t say sunlight … I said daylight … I took the following shot around 8:00 Friday night during a rainstorm … I used my 40mm fixed lens, 1/80s, f5.6, ISO 400.
But more importantly, how about that gorgeous little yellow teapot I found at One Man’s Treasure!? I tried to walk away, truly I did, but as usual I am ever so happy I didn’t! It reminds me of a yellow raincoat … or yellow rubber boots.
So what am I celebrating this week?
- Finding a bright yellow teapot and bringing it home.
- Lupines from a friend’s garden.
- A rainy night which immediately reminded me of that song from way back in 1975 “I Love a Rainy Night” by Eddie Rabbitt.
- I had the pleasure of being a guest blogger at Canadian Scrapbooker.
- All the fabulous opportunities that have come my way this year, the connections, the collaborations … I’m so blessed.
- A July and August with no big commitments … sigh … I just wanna play, ya know?
- Great new updates with Creative Cloud (yeah … geeky!)
Thank you so much for dropping by!