Hello, and welcome to Sunday Sundries once again. I’m happy you stopped by.
Oh my gosh, it’s January 24th and it’s above zero.
Snow is melting off the roof and running out the downspouts. Well, it’s just a drip, but I’ll take it. Yes, I know it’s not going to last, but I don’t let that get me down.
I have a window open in my office, and I can hear skidoos tearing around on the lake. Everyone is soaking it up. My apologies to those of you experiencing bad weather … but we must celebrate and appreciate our little pleasures up north here.
So, now I’m pleased to be able to share these four beautiful images with you today. They were all tagged to #sunday_sundries or #sundaysundries on Instagram.
I love the vintage handwriting theme, the simple and clean shape of the pottery and wire basket, the humble yet elegant table setting, and the soft pink of the flowers and grey scissors placed so carefully on scripted paper. I am so grateful to all who play along, and if you get a chance, please check out the galleries of these amazing artists … seriously, my heart skips a beat when I see a beautiful image …
So what am I celebrating this week?
- Well, I came home from our travels with a case of the flu (not good), but I’m celebrating the fact that I have a big, soft, safe, warm bed to go to each night. I slept about 12 hrs/day, each day, since we’ve been home.
- I’m better now :)
- Vicks vapo-rup (yes, I still use that stuff.) Sinutab. Kleenex :)
- Did I mention that I’m better now?
- Receiving a lovely gift from Katherine Dorrington who lives in Australia. I was featured in her #fridayfaffingcompetition on IG.
- It’s still light here at 5:00pm … not bright, but light … it’s very encouraging. I think more than anything it’s the darkness of winter that gets to me. The snow is still a good thing at the moment, however that changes come March.
So that’s it for my Sunday Sundries. I have a Blogging Bits and Bytes newsletter in the works and am looking forward to carrying that forward into 2016. I hope you continue to participate.
glad you’re better now. :) i keep vicks handy all the time.
My Goodness . So beautiful. Feel like packing it in now. :)
Love your view and your eye.
Happy Week ahead.
amy of four corners design says
Barb – so sorry to hear that you’ve been sick – but better now! Yes, Vicks is a wonder salve…
thanks a million for featuring my photo…I’m celebrating the fact that I have enough stuff so when I have an idea for a photographic vignette, I usually can find what I need at home…which is actually a little scary…no wonder I’m purging!
Barb, each one of these is just stunning….from imagining myself sitting at the table for breakfast, or writing, to enjoying the lovely pastel roses, and then that simple neutral decorating touch…sigh! Congratulations to each of the lovely ladies that created these!
kelly Kardos says
Glad you’re feeling better Barb. I have also been noticing it’s starting to stay lighter a bit longer…makes me happy! Love the quad you put together. all beautiful images. Congrats you four ladies.