Good morning and welcome to Sunday Sundries! Another week has flown by and I have much to celebrate.
It’s wildflower season in Arizona and one of my favourite flowers here is the Desert Marigold.
Growing abundantly along roadsides and in vacant, gravelly lots, they sway in the breeze and beckon with their bright open faces.
As I was carefully picking a handful of blooms, a lady in a car stopped and warned me to not walk further into the lot because it would be filled with snakes! LOTS of snakes, apparently … eek … .
Alrighty then … I won’t go there …
Do you not just love that beautiful artwork hanging in the background? It’s by Emily Winfield Martin and was included in a Flow Magazine (love that publication) and it’s a special treat when I find one.
Here’s what else I’m celebrating from last week:
- I reached 1000 followers on Instagram … I don’t know why that’s important, but its fun! and gah! there is so much inspiration to be found there …
- Having lunch with the hubs at Zinc Bistro in Kierland Common.
- Shopping at Anthropologie and finding a wonderful little cookbook with fascinating photography and an overload of inspiration.
- As I laid in bed that night I was visualizing a woman walking around that beautiful outdoor shopping centre, being with her husband, enjoying lunch on a patio, warm weather, browzing amazing upscale shops, and I felt so very grateful as I drifted off. That woman is truly blessed.
- Mornings at Mountainview coffee.
- Going to garage sales and finding treasures for peanuts. Hubby spied a tripod in a dusty corner of one garage. It turned out to be a Davis and Sanford, heavy-duty, professional style unit that rolls around on wheels! It’s the sturdiest tripod I’ve ever had and I love it.
- And last (but definitely not least) I’m celebrating my kind, caring friends at Digital Scrapper. It’s a long story, but for quite some time I’ve been struggling with writing tutorials. When I finally let them know my situation, and that I needed to bow out, I was greeted with nothing but empathy and support and I am now completely relieved of my obligations (at no small inconvenience to them I might add.) I could write a whole blog post about this and maybe I will, but not today.
I could continue, but I’m going to stop now! If you’re still here – thank you – and please feel free to share what you’re celebrating this week!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
love your ‘blessed’ feeling. and the tripod find is awesome! i know you’ll use the heck out of it!
I really like how the flowers in the vase mimic the flowers in the hair on the painting. Beautiful repetition.
Kelly Kardos says
You DO have lots to celebrate. I think I’m going to have to breakdown and just subscribe to FLOW. There are no local bookstores(boooo) and I love that publication too. Great post Barb. Xo