Hello, and welcome to “app” happy wednesday #33!
If you’re new to the party, this is a weekly link-up to share your photos edited with “apps” of any kind! Let me stress there are no rules!! Just join the fun and share any kind of artsy creation.
I’ve been absent of late … I had so much going on last week that my creativity took a nosedive and sometimes it’s very hard to get back into the swing of things. I have tons of props; flowers, books, and ideas … but simply no “get up and go”. Fortunately “app” happy wednesday has forced me to take a few shots and then sit down here and share them. Perhaps this will break the February blahs I seem to have found myself in.
I’ve been sticking to my plan to use VSCO exclusively for my phone images. As a result, I’m finding it much easier to work with.
After I take a photo, I adjust exposure, tones and contrast. Then I’ll straighten edges as necessary. The great thing about the Straighten tool in VSCO is that it works like a lens correction so my lines look less wonky. For these images I used the t2 preset which has fast become my favourite. I like the soft, matt look it gives them.
I received these gorgeous yellow roses for my birthday. While I adore them while fresh, I was secretly plotting to dry them …
I hung them on the side of the Hoosier I have in the pantry … I always forget how amazing the light is …
So that’s it for me today. Now, let’s see what you’ve been up to!
- Use any “app” you like and perhaps explain how you used it. Did you use just one? Did you use several?
- Simply create some art. Post it on your blog or Flickr or wherever you are uploading your work, and then come back here and link it up!
- Visit a few friends to see what they are up to and perhaps learn some fabulous new tips and techniques.
- Link back with a text link or use the “app” happy wednesday button which you will find at the bottom of this post.
- Each party will start at 5:00 am on Wednesdays and will stay open until the following Sunday at midnight.
*sorry … this series is closed