Welcome back to “app” happy wednesday #25 and all things phone photography! This party used to run every week, but with summer and company keeping me so busy I had to put it on the back burner for a bit (my apologies). I changed the schedule to the first Wednesday of each month instead.
This could also change … would anyone like to have it on a weekly basis once again? Just let me know what you think.
If you are new to the party, this is a link-up to share your photos edited with “apps” of any kind! Let me stress there are no rules!! Just join the fun and share any kind of artsy creation.
Today I went back to AfterLight, an oldie, but a goldie. I ventured into the filters and discovered “Fusion” which is basically an action.
This is the original …
I used AfterLight to apply three filters to the image.
As I was working I recorded my steps and saved them to what is called a “fusion”. The great thing about recording in AfterLight is that until you press the little checkmark the step is not recorded. That makes it possible to try a lot of different effects but record only the ones you like.
My “fusion” consisted of kus, thorn, and bloom:
Here’s the final version. I will admit it is not a masterpiece! But the point is you can record steps, save as a “fusion”, and run it on any photo. Cool!
Here are a couple of photos I ran the kus, thorn, and bloom “fusion” on …
So that’s it for my long-winded lesson today!
Let’s see what you’ve been up to!
Use any “app” you like and perhaps explain how you used it.
- Did you use just one? Did you combine apps?
- Simply create some art. Post it on your blog or Flickr or wherever you are uploading your work, and then come back here and link it up! You can now use Instagram to link your images! Way cool! Check the article here. I also added some tips on this post here.
- Visit a few friends to see what they are up to and perhaps learn some fabulous new tips and techniques.
- Spread the word about the link-up, the more the merrier!
- Each party will start at 5:00 am on the first Wednesday of the month.
*sorry … this series is closed