I was re-potting succulents (as I’ve mentioned about a million times), and when I plopped this particular plant into this particular pot … I immediately saw that it was a perfect match!
I’m taking the Start to Finish class and these images are a result of Kims prompts, tips, and techniques.
My setup was a bit wonky because I wanted bright light on the plant, but not on the dark background, so I set the foam core quite a distance from the plant, and pulled the blinds to block the sun on it only. That meant turning the wooden bench sideways, which meant moving the kitchen table, several chairs, and plants and other props … really quite a mess …
I used the grey waffle tea towel, not only because of the colour, but because I felt the simple, straight, and flat lines also added just the right touch.
These two images were taken when the sun was just a bit more harsh, and yet I like the effect. It seems to complement the hard edges of the plant and the pot.
Thanks so much for dropping by today!