This is one of those dishes that I make only during certain seasons.
In August, when zucchini is plentiful, I use it to make casseroles, stir fries, and loaves. That makes it a special treat and we all look forward to having it.
Here’s a recipe that I found years ago (must have been on a Bisquick box). It’s become a family favourite.
- 3 cups zucchini, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup Parmeson cheese
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- Mix together, and pour into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush