Welcome to “app” happy wednesday #19!
If you’re new to the party, this is a weekly link-up to share your photos edited with “apps” of any kind! Let me stress there are no rules!! Just join the fun and share any kind of artsy creation.
Do you use PS Touch? I’ve been using it more and more and the reason for that is the new Creative Cloud feature. It’s so convenient to access photos and textures!
- I have Creative Cloud since it comes with the Photoshop Photography Program.
- You can see I have a folder called iPhone 2014.
- I offload my Camera Roll to my computer with LR and then upload them to the Creative Cloud. Of course your phone and iPad will share photos if you have the Photo Stream turned on, but I had turned mine off for a while since it was driving me crazy … .
- I’ve also uploaded some photos to “DSLR Photos” taken with my BGC (which I do not post on IG – ever) but I can use them when posting to my blog from my iPad.
- The best part is I uploaded tons of textures so now when I use PS Touch they are conveniently available to use on my images:
So what can you do in PS Touch? Well, for one thing you can work with layers.
Here I added two textures, both different opacities and blend modes. I also added a filter to the actual photo layer.
Here’s my final image after I added the frame in Camera+
… this creation is not one of my favourites and I will admit working in PS Touch feels awkward. But the whole point of this exercise for me is to push myself to learn the ins and outs of using different apps. Sometimes it just takes a while to warm up to something new and unfamiliar.
And just because I felt like torturing myself further, I used PS Touch to resize the images and then I created this post on my iPad. Arghhhh!! Why?!?! Why I ask myself?! I’m major fumble fingers when I don’t have a mouse … it’s a miracle I didn’t hit Publish halfway through.
One last thing to note – notice that I have a bouquet of peonies in August? How did I manage that? Well, way back on July 3rd I snipped 5 unopened buds, put them in a bag and left them in the fridge until yesterday. After I cut the ends and put them in water they burst open almost immediately! Way cool!!
So that’s it for me today. Now let’s see what you’ve been up to!
Use any “app” you like and perhaps explain how you used it.
- Did you use just one? Did you combine apps?
- Simply create some art. Post it on your blog or Flickr or wherever you are uploading your work, and then come back here and link it up!
- Visit a few friends to see what they are up to and perhaps learn some fabulous new tips and techniques.
- Spread the word about the link-up, the more the merrier!
- Each party will start at 5:00 am on Wednesdays and will stay open until the following Sunday night at midnight.
- You can now use Instagram to link your images! Way cool! Check the article here. I also added some tips on this post here.
*sorry … this series is closed