Hello, welcome to Sunday Sundries Feature for May 1st, and Happy May Day everyone!
So what is May Day? After a quick Google search I found this on CNN …
Depending on where you are, it’s either a seasonal celebration or a day to celebrate workers’ rights, or maybe a little bit of both.
Think of the latter use as a Labor Day, if you will, for the rest of the world.
For me it’s simply a celebration of spring and all it has to offer. It’s a time when I start dreaming in earnest about my garden, flowers, greenhouses, light-filled days, and getting ready for a summer of fun at the lake. Simple pleasures. Celebrations.
But today I was drawn to these four dark and moody images … they’re all so stunningly gorgeous, is it any wonder?
Please help me celebrate the work of these four talented artists who tagged their amazing images to #sunday_sundries.
I ask you, what are the chances of finding two apple pies in the gallery as beautiful as these two? Seriously, I’m about to dive in!
Oh, but first, I’m suddenly feeling the urge for something garlicky for dinner, and then perhaps I’ll type out a recipe or two (like my Dad used to), and of which I have very fond memories :) …
Thank you, dear ladies, for sharing your beautiful moments with Sunday Sundries!
What else am I celebrating this week?
First of all it’s been a busy one … whew! Last Sunday we flew back home to Canada, and now, less than a week later, we’re back here in Arizona. Can you say blur?
It’s all good though, and here’s what I’m celebrating:
- I’m so grateful for those few days at home. It was a gift, really—I was spurred into action, cleaning my garden, turning the soil (by hand!) splitting my rhubarb plant into three and moving the pieces to a sunnier, more fertile area. I accomplished more in those four days that I normally would have in a week … I guess I do work better under deadlines ;)
- Early mornings at the lake. Listening to geese, gulls, loons, red winged blackbirds, crows, ravens, woodpeckers … it was a regular cacophony!
- Spider webs glistening with dew.
- An early morning walk with friends.
- Setting up photography vignettes on my potting benches, once again using the deck as my studio.
- The light … oh my … the light.
- Then suddenly, a quick flight back to Arizona and all the goodness that it has to offer.
- My gardenia shrub has at least a dozen flowers … tiny, but oh goodness … the scent is intoxicating. So happy I didn’t miss them!
So that’s it for me today.
I’m planning on a quiet evening watching The Sopranos with the hubs. We never really got into the series when it was on TV, so when we found the (almost) complete set at a garage sale for $5.00 we snapped it up … it’s missing Part II of the last season, but we’ll worry about that in a year or so ;)
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I so appreciate your support for Sunday Sundries!
PS … I have an exciting new give-away on my blog for tomorrow! Hope to see you then!