Hello, and welcome to Sunday Sundries Feature for April 3rd!
I know I say it all the time but … arghh … the beautiful images in that gallery make for a terribly hard time choosing only four to feature, and adding to the dilemma is that I took last Sunday off. Where to even start? Well, that hair stopped me in my tracks and all I could think of was how exquisite! And then I saw the dress, and the flowers, and the vintage photo, and the pussywillows, and the tag, and I kept thinking how.very.very.very.exquisite!
So please help me celebrate the work of these four talented artists who tagged their exquisite images to #sunday_sundries.
Thank you to everyone who tagged their images to the gallery, it’s such an honour to have you.
So, now, what am I celebrating?
- That we headed south for a few weeks. It’s a long drive, but one we look forward to since it’s packed full of some pretty spectacular scenery.
- Sunday we drove from Central Alberta through most of Montana, stopping for the night in Helena (6 1/2 hours.) There was a lot of snow most of the way, but thankfully, not on the roads. It was just plain beautiful: pure white sparkling fields against brilliant clear blue skies. I’ll share some photos of our trip in a post later this week.
- Monday we carried on through most of Utah, stopping for the night in Cedar City (11 hours.) The wind was blowing, and it was bone-chilling cold when we arrived, but we were grateful for a delicious meat at Chili’s, and a warm bed at a local hotel. I must add here that the beans, rice, chicken, and lettuce bowl at Chili’s was incredibly delicious! mmmm … must go back again sometime.
- Tuesday we arrived at our little AZ getaway, safe and sound after another long day (8 hours.)
- I celebrate the fact that we have a place to escape to when our winter/spring gets “draggy” … although this year the weather was pretty gorgeous.
- Picking wildflowers in April – sweet little Desert Marigolds (a fav.)
- Finding a few treasures at local garage sales.
- Enjoying some quiet time with the hubs; reading, or watching some of our favourite TV series. Last night we finished Season 3 of “House of Cards” and are dying for more … however we don’t have Netflix :/ boo … what to do?! Wait, I guess … Frank will have to wait ;)
So that’s it for me. The sun is shining, it’s hotter than a firecracker outside, and the pool awaits!
I hope you are having (or had) a great weekend!