Hello, and Happy Sunday! Welcome to Sunday Sundries #1 (a rather unadvertised little linky party).
I’m here to ramble on about my week, it helps me to be grateful and to “celebrate” all the small extraordinary moments … even when it’s -30C. All these images were shot with my phone … the “keeper of the everyday” …
Last Sunday as we were eating lunch, I glanced out at our deck and was surprised to see this little fella visiting us! I was watching him through our glass door and managed to capture a shot with my phone. I posted it on IG and people were beyond fascinated … some couldn’t believe it was real! But it is definitely real. It’s a Short Tailed Weasel according to Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development. The tell-tale features are the size, the black tip on it’s tail (not shown here) and it’s white feet … the Long Tailed Weasel has brown feet! So cool! I made the photo dreamy with Focal Lab.
This photo is from the first Lemon Chiffon “shoot” for Food Photography Meets Still Life Photography … it didn’t make it to the presses … I ended up redoing both the cake, and the shoot because I didn’t like the light, or the background. It just wasn’t what I was envisioning.
- My blog’s been undergoing some updates … a new design and some behind-the-scenes improvements. I’m so grateful to have found Mitch … he knows what he’s doing and always gets the job done … he’s not cheap though … I’m grateful that hubby puts up with my blog obsession …
- On Friday, I had my hair cut and some dark brown “low-lights” added. I went to the salon with the intention of getting silver “high-lights” but my hairdresser talked me out of it, saying that it’s too hard to get silver colour – it may fry my hair and they eventually will turn yellowish. I’m so grateful she did, I love the results and I don’t look so wishy-washy, plus she gave me a great style. Small things, but happy things, and a lesson on keeping an open mind. I also got a manicure … so pampered and grateful.
- On Saturday I had a vision of a new way to arrange our office. It required a ton of work but luckily the hubs was on board, and together we made my vision materialize. It turned out awesome! It’s clean, organized, and much more convenient to work in.
- I took some steps toward making a dream of mine come true … not there yet … but closer …
- I’m taking part in “Liberate Your Art” with Kat Sloma, and I’m grateful that Kelly Kardos reminded me about it!
- I decided I need to make a note on my calendar each day, recording at least one small thing to celebrate. It’s so easy to forget things!
But that’s all for today. If you feel like visiting and sharing your week with us, please link up to my Sunday Sundries party!
‘the keeper of the everyday’ – love it! :) love your little weasel visitor, too! so cute!
I love that phrase, ‘the keeper of the everyday’. It is indeed. I also love the Sunday Sundries meme and wish I had something to link today, but I don’t. Nor will I next week as we’ll be wending our way home from down south. I’m going to mark my calendar, though, so I’ll be prepared in two weeks’ time. Can’t wait to see your site updates!
Sarah C says
Oh my weasel that is cute! I will have to remember your link up for Sundays now. I love your new sleek look and layout. I always seem to learn a little something when I visit. :)
Kelly Kardos says
I like this Sunday sundries-it is kind of like Friday letters a retired blogger use to host but I’m thinking of asking to take over. Thanks for the shout-out. Glad you’re joining the swap!
Kelly Kardos says
And ps-your little deck friend is adorable.
Oh my goodness, that little guy is just adorable, Barb!
I love the phrase “the keeper of the everyday”….and your little friend is so precious..Looking forward to participating in “Sundary Sundries”….I hope you have a great week…
Oh that weasel is sooo cute! Great shot and lovely edit! I’m always earning from you! It sounds like you had a great week- cute hair, chiffon cake (on Kim’s site!), an organized office, website awesomeness, dreams coming true- and a weasel!!! Hope this next week is just as awesome!
The blue skies you have there are simply stunning, both in brightness, and color! Thanks for sharing them, and the one with the tress was superb! Isn’t it nice to have a great hair-dresser!? That little weasel is just so cute!! I’ve never seen one before. Yes, I’ve signed up for Kat’s Liberate Your Art this year – I missed it last year. She was actually my first online class instructor to start learning about photography, before I found Kim’s site to learn textures. Happy week Barb!! (I hope you enjoyed that lemon chiffon cake!)
Inspirational as always.
amy of four corners design says
yes…that weasel is adorable and I didn’t think he was real either! I also signed up for Liberate your Art as per Kelly’s prompt – should be fun…I’m all about sending creative art out into the world!
Rena @ Lemon Peel says
Barb, your photos are just amazing! The blue sky and the snowy landscape are incredible and the lemon cake looks mouthwatering. I just linked up to your Sunday Sundries link party. Never done that before, so I’m not sure if I got that right. Thanks for hosting it. Greetings from Colorado!
So happy to have you, Rena!
Donna Hopkins says
Barb, I’m just getting around to visiting your blog and catching up with all that’s happening in your beautiful world. Your photos catch my eye right away (and make me really want an iPhone). Love your energy, motivation, and your mantra to keep up with the times. It feels good to have fulfilling life. Me, too!