Hello, and Happy Sunday! Welcome to Sunday Sundries #1 (a rather unadvertised little linky party).
I’m here to ramble on about my week, it helps me to be grateful and to “celebrate” all the small extraordinary moments … even when it’s -30C. All these images were shot with my phone … the “keeper of the everyday” …
Last Sunday as we were eating lunch, I glanced out at our deck and was surprised to see this little fella visiting us! I was watching him through our glass door and managed to capture a shot with my phone. I posted it on IG and people were beyond fascinated … some couldn’t believe it was real! But it is definitely real. It’s a Short Tailed Weasel according to Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development. The tell-tale features are the size, the black tip on it’s tail (not shown here) and it’s white feet … the Long Tailed Weasel has brown feet! So cool! I made the photo dreamy with Focal Lab.
This photo is from the first Lemon Chiffon “shoot” for Food Photography Meets Still Life Photography … it didn’t make it to the presses … I ended up redoing both the cake, and the shoot because I didn’t like the light, or the background. It just wasn’t what I was envisioning.
- My blog’s been undergoing some updates … a new design and some behind-the-scenes improvements. I’m so grateful to have found Mitch … he knows what he’s doing and always gets the job done … he’s not cheap though … I’m grateful that hubby puts up with my blog obsession …
- On Friday, I had my hair cut and some dark brown “low-lights” added. I went to the salon with the intention of getting silver “high-lights” but my hairdresser talked me out of it, saying that it’s too hard to get silver colour – it may fry my hair and they eventually will turn yellowish. I’m so grateful she did, I love the results and I don’t look so wishy-washy, plus she gave me a great style. Small things, but happy things, and a lesson on keeping an open mind. I also got a manicure … so pampered and grateful.
- On Saturday I had a vision of a new way to arrange our office. It required a ton of work but luckily the hubs was on board, and together we made my vision materialize. It turned out awesome! It’s clean, organized, and much more convenient to work in.
- I took some steps toward making a dream of mine come true … not there yet … but closer …
- I’m taking part in “Liberate Your Art” with Kat Sloma, and I’m grateful that Kelly Kardos reminded me about it!
- I decided I need to make a note on my calendar each day, recording at least one small thing to celebrate. It’s so easy to forget things!
But that’s all for today. If you feel like visiting and sharing your week with us, please link up to my Sunday Sundries party!