Stumbling blocks (and why I became afraid)
noun; a circumstance that causes difficulty or hesitation
synonyms: obstacle, difficulty, problem, hindrance, snag
About a year ago my blogging mojo took a huge dive (in case you hadn’t noticed) and I’ve been puzzling over it ever since. As time went on and no posts were forthcoming, it became harder and harder to show up in this space. I felt empty, depleted.
The good news is I didn’t lose interest in my photography, but Instagram took over my life. Instagram became the perfect microblogging outlet, which in turn, contributed to the lack of posting here.
So to be honest with you my readers, I thought I’d share a few insights as to what has prevented me from blogging (beginning last June)
- loss of a family member
- minor health issues
- blog issues
- losing my IT guy and not being able to find another one (my behind-the-scenes blog issues are messy! and I hate that)
- SEO pressures … always, always, trying to optimize for Google is exhausting
- a few unsubscribes from my newsletter
- feeling overwhelmed by other blogs which I deemed were better/more interesting than mine
- not knowing what to write about that could possibly be different, and/or interesting
- after at least one incident last autumn, I became fearful of people stealing images and content in ways I couldn’t challenge (this is a big one for me)
- Instagram is easier and more engaged :(
So there you have it dear friends. I don’t know what I’m going to do about it, but clearly I’m not ready to let my little blog go. A few of my “stumbling blocks” have been resolved (thankfully) and I do feel slightly more inspired these days. So here’s hoping!