Jo-Anna at A Pretty Life is hosting a “Favourite Things” party today to coincide with Oprah’s “Favorite Things 2012“.
I pondered all day on what would be on my favourite’s list – knowing full well that whatever was on it could possibly be interpreted as a Christmas Wish List (ahem).
I don’t have a huge list. I seem to have everything I need. Of course I always enjoy gifts and gadgets – who doesn’t?
So here are some of my favourite things – most I have already – some I don’t…
- Somerset Magazines – most notably “Artful Blogging”, “Somerset Life”, and “Digital Studio”. I’ve been buying Somerset publications for years and years – it goes back to my card making and stamping days. I scour Chapters and Michaels and Walmart hoping to find the latest issues–all the while muttering to myself “I should just get a subscription!”
- My Kobo that hubby bought for me a few months ago when I mentioned that I would like one for Christmas–how sweet was that? I recently downloaded and read “Heaven is Here”, and book about an extremely brave woman–I couldn’t get her story out of my head. She actually has a blog “Nie Nie Dialogues“. Right now I’m reading “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed. It’s a pretty good read. There’s a quote in it that stopped me in my tracks (but I won’t write about that right now). It’s super convenient to find a book online and download it–plus I really like how I can set the size of the font to accommodate my baby boomer eyes.
- Crocs. I have had my Crocs for ten years. I’ve worn them so much there is no tread left… (size 7) (ahem).
- Body shop bath milk–there’s nothing like it.
- Six Feet Under. “A drama series that takes a darkly comical look at members of a dysfunctional California family that runs an independent funeral home”. I feel like I know these people and I don’t want the series to end. (oh, and don’t watch it with your children or your parents).
- Sally Harmon piano music. I have it all. I’ve listened to it a thousand times–especially “A Cozy Christmas”. I love to get up in the morning, get my coffee and sit in the dark looking at the Christmas tree while listening to that relaxing music.
- Starbucks. Not just Starbucks, but the experience of going to a Starbucks/Chapters, getting a latte and wandering around the store looking at books. I still do like the real thing.
- I also love my iPod. It has brought the world of Instagram and Itunes into my life–such a blessing.
Well, I enjoyed myself! Hope you did! Is it too early to say “Merry Christmas”?! Don’t answer that!
A Pretty Life in the Suburbs says
Yay! I’m so happy you did this post!! Too funny about the Six Feet Under…sounds like something T & I should watch, lol! Thanks for all the ideas! ;)
Rosemary Aubut says
Use to love Six Feet Under! Enjoy tour Holidays and hope you get all on your list that you don’t already have!
Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) says
I love my Kindle Fire, so I know how much you love your Kobo. Hopefully you will receive a pair of size 7 crocks for Christmas!
i love you post here, and plan to check on this pianist! Love Piano music, also looks as if we like many of the same things! Have a wonderful day
too funny on six feet under. we watched every episode, too, and didn’t want it to end. however, i LOVE dexter, so glad it did end so he could move on to bigger, badder characters. :)
Viv (modifica) says
I love my Crocs too they have fluffy insides great for cold mornings I too love a coffee shop in a book shop 2 great things together and don’t get me started on Somerset Studio love em……
Lisa Gordon says
Good stuff, Barb!!
I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.