At Shutter Sisters today the prompt is ‘routines’. That’s an easy one for me. I am one big routine. I get up around 5:30 – 6:00 and head straight to my coffee pot, turn it on, then head straight for the computer.
I check e-mail, my blog, other blogs, and Digital Scrapper. If all looks well I will either write a blog post or try to create a scrapbook page or a tutorial. I’m on fire until 10:30 and that’s when I decide I had better get up and get some errands finished.
|coffee and computer first thing . . .|
Somewhere in that early morning time frame, I’ll make the bed (365/days/year).
I love my cool, uncluttered, green and serene bedroom. I’m always thinking I should hang some pictures but I never get around to it . . . perhaps there is a good reason.
And I always eat a pretty good breakfast. Hubby eats early (a bowl of cereal) and leaves for work while I’m still having coffee. So even though I am alone I still take the time to make porridge, or even oatmeal pancakes. We always have eggs on the weekend so I never cook an egg (unless it’s hidden in some French Toast). I also take a glucosamine for my arthritic thumb and knees . . . I think it helps.
I also have other routines such as:
1. I always park in the the same area in a parking lot when I’m shopping – plus I ‘eyeball’ it so that I know how to find my car. Have you ever lost your car? total embarrassment.
2. I only eat bananas in the morning.
3. I floss my teeth at night – every night, and I also remove makeup and wash my face – without fail. Too much information? My mother used to say to us before bed ‘have you done your health rules?‘ and I guess it stuck with me for life.
4. I go to bed at 10:00 every.single.night. (almost)
5. I never watch the news until the evening (with hubby) which is at 5:30. I don’t want to see all the disasters more than once.
I’m also playing with my daughter this morning at “A Pretty Life in the Suburbs”. Her post today is ‘Random Shtuffff’ and she suggested we link up in her comments – so I’m taking the opportunity to link to one of the best blogs in town!