Autumn’s definitely in the air; geese are honking, leaves are turning colour and falling, and the days are quickly getting shorter.
All summer long, I cook most of our meals on the barbeque, and dessert? Well, when we had it, it was usually an ice cream treat of some kind.
But now … things they are a-changin’. With cooler temperatures comes my urge to bake. First up … zucchini bread! and when I make zucchini bread, I immediately turn to my mom’s recipe.
It’s basic, and it’s tried and true. Hubby say it’s his favourite …
But first I had to play with some photos. I’ve been using LR to process and “print to file” and, oh.my.goodness. I am completely bowled over with the ease of it all, plus the template feature is a godsend!
Thanks to Kim for her clear instructions, I’ve left PS for LR once again. I’m going to turn into a template-making photo bomber! Now, I know this is old hat to many of you, but I’ve been a slow learner when it comes to LR … I
was am such a PS lover.
I thought about combining zucchini and carrots, but decided to leave that for another day … I think they make a pretty addition to the photo though …
Fresh eggs …
Make sure to serve your zucchini bread with a glass of cold milk … and don’t forget the pretty, photogenic straw!
So here’s my basic, tried and true, zucchini bread – enjoy!
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini (grated)
- Mix together oil and sugar in a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Run it through the sifter 2 or 3 times.
- Add flour mixture alternately with grated zucchini, blending until smooth and the zucchini is evenly distributed.
- Pour into two loaf pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325F for 1 1/4 hour. I used very dark pans so I reduced the baking time to 1 hour. Test with a toothpick, when it comes out clean, the loaves are done.
I also have a recipe for Zucchini Quinoa Bread which is really quite yummy!
Have a wonderful Friday! But first, check out my newsletter! I’d love to be able to send you a little note on a somewhat weekly basis!