If you have a bunch of really ripe bananas and are wondering what to do with them – here’s your answer!
This truly is ‘The Best-Ever Banana Bread’! It’s dense, and moist, and is a bit like a pudding, I think.
The key is to use ripe ripe bananas and make sure you use cake flour as the recipe directs.
We’re enjoying our holiday weekend with family and this is the perfect thing to serve with coffee before the real breakfast hits the table!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ripe bananas - mashed (3 cups)
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs and beat until well mixed.
- Sift dry ingredients three times. Blend with banana mixture - but do not over-mix.
- Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour; test for doneness.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. These freeze beautifully! Enjoy!
- *Recipe from The Best of Bridge