Well, I felt inspired to make something a little more complicated than a baked potato for dinner last night so I returned to an old favourite.
These are the yummiest potato latkes! They can be made ahead and reheated just before dinner or lunch or breakfast! Serve with home-made applesauce and sour cream.
A word of caution – use only 1/8 tsp garlic powder – no more, no less!! Good Stuff!!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Place grated potatoes and onion in a bowl and toss with lemon juice; cover with cold water.
- Beat together eggs, flour, oil, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add well-drained potato mixture and mix well. Batter will be soupy!
- Drop by tablespoons onto a lightly buttered frying pan, spreading out slightly.
- Fry over medium heat until golden on each side.