I spent the better part of a day baking, photographing, and then eating these decadent Chocolate Truffle Cookies … oh. my. heavens… be sure to put this one on your holiday baking list. They’re like a cross between a truffle and a snowball; totally down my alley.
But now the kitchen in an epic mess, I need to have shower to get all the cocoa off me, and I think I’ve gained 5 pounds. Egads, I feel like I’ve been up to no good.
Don’t let all that put you off. If you don’t want to eat them all, you could package them into little containers and give as gifts … (ahem) that’s if you don’t want to eat them all …
Photographic ingredients: chocolate, brown paper, and one kitchen utensil.
So here’s the recipe for you. Please, throw caution to the wind and try making these. I don’t think you will regret it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup icing sugar.
- Blend in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- At low speed, blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine icing sugar and cocoa, roll cooled cookies in cocoa mixture.
- Store in an airtight container.
… now I’m going out for a very long walk.