These mouthwatering, tender puddings/cakes with a caramel sauce are to die for! Try them for your next dinner party. Your guests will love you!
Little Sticky Toffee Puddings
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins, or cranberries
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Toffee Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Grease well (I use butter) eight, 1/2 cup ramekins.
- Boil water, add baking soda, vanilla and raisins. Stir then set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Lightly beat eggs and add to the butter and sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Sift flour and baking powder then gently mix into butter mixture, ALTERNATING with the water/baking soda/vanilla and raisins mixture (batter will be a bit runny, but trust me . . .)
- Pour into ramekins, place in middle of oven and bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the outside of each ramekin and flip over so that the pudding falls out onto cooling racks (I use a bit of force and 'pound' the ramekin onto the rack so the pudding falls out quickly).
- For the toffee sauce, melt butter in pan, add brown sugar and stir thoroughly. Add cream, stir and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce bubbles a tiny bit and thickens.
- Place pudding on serving dish, pour sauce over and serve warm.
Recipe from The Best of Bridge