This Butter Tart Slice is an amazing alternative to making individual butter tarts and I highly recommend trying it.
A quick and easy recipe that comes in handy when you’re having company for the weekend, and is especially great for Christmas. It’s a real favourite at our house!
I just made this one to take to our daughter’s for Christmas because it’s a great make-ahead and freezes beautifully. I could hardly stop myself from nibbling those yummy chewy edges before I wrapped it up and put it in the freezer, but no, I sipped that tea all by itself :)
So here you are … you can thank me later :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currants
- 3 tsp flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- To make crust, combine first four ingredients and press into 9" by 13" pan.
- To make filling, melt butter, place in large bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, then add remaining ingredients, blending well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
You may also like:
*recipe from The Best of Bridge