Basking in the afterglow on boxing day…
I’ve been so busy this past week I feel like I’ve been on another planet… and I’m exhausted…
But now that Christmas is over and everyone has gone home I thought I’d break my blogging drought with a list of 10 things that made me happy this Christmas… there were thousands of things, but I’ll just list 10 in no particular order…
- Having our whole family together (so blessed)…
- Grandchildren that can’t wait to get up in the morning to play with each other.
- Grandchildren that run up to (Grandpa and Grandma) and give spontaneous hugs.
- Playing cards, skiing, snowshoeing, eating, sleeping, eating…
- Daughters who bring yummilicious snacks and casseroles, and baking.
- Cozy fires in the fireplace.
- Big huge snow caves.
- My new ultra quiet fridge that hubby made happen.
- Strong men who will carry heavy freezers to the basement for me.
- Discovering new Christmas music by She & Him.
How was your holiday? What made you happy? I’d love to hear…
Lisa RedWillow says
Barb , You have the most beautiful photos and blessed beyond measure. Stay warm. Its a really snowing and blowing up north here.:)
Thank you, Lisa! We had much the same weather as you – but a little less severe I think. All the best to you in 2014!
love the snow cave. brought back memories for me. :) the pile of snow on the birdhouse made me smile.
My son-in-law made the cave – it was totally amazing! :)
Happy Things on Christmas Day:
1. Love our phones…this year my 3 kids were in 3 different states, YET, we had an ongoing group text throughout the day, with pictures. Best ever.
2. Our first grandbaby, 5 months old, picture came in, asleep on tummy with Rudolph on his little behind, too cute!
3. The fact that son&wife did continue to send pictures of said baby throughout the day, so far away in Texas.
4. Cooking and great time with our daughter in beautiful Nashville, that city has the best coffee, little family owned businesses everywhere that really make corporate coffee places look …sad.
5. Found a great new board game, Ticket To Ride. It’s also a phone app, beware, it’s addictive.
6. All our kids were where they wanted to be, surrounded by folks who love them.
7. Jesus is the reason
8. Fun: discovered the Dave Barnes Christmas Album…listen to this song, Better Than Christmas Day on youtube, it’s a fun romantic song, sounds like something Nat would have sung…love D.Barnes voice, didn’t know so much about him. Another fun romantic one also on Youtube is Christmas Eve/Dave Barnes.
9. Most happy that the ice melted enough here to fly out and share Christmas with our daughter :)
10. The packages I shipped arrived on time! Yea!!!!!
Love your list, Kath! Everything sounds wonderful and I’m going to check out that music!
It looks and sounds like you had the most beautiful Christmas! Lovely images of beautiful people and things. Happy New Year, Barb!
Thank you, Dotti! All the best to you in 2014!
Sounds like perfection to me!
It was, Kathy! :)
What a great list Barb ~ so much to be thankful for this holiday season and always. Gatherings ~ good eats and good times were had by all.
Deanna@Snippets from Springdale says
Sounds like the perfect Christmas…grandkids, snow, good food, games and love all around. Happy New Year, Barb. The best to you in 2014!!
Sherry Galey says
Love your list and your images, Barb. What a cozy, happy, blessed Christmas you had! Ours was simple and sweet and glorious on the sailboat….
jeanne stone says
Barb your photos make your Christmas look so wonderful. Don’t you just love these holiday times, even though they are a bit exhausting. So great that you created all of these wonderful memories, and happy new year to you! great list!
Ahhhhhh snow caves/forts. Good memories. Love the moose photo on the mantle. What a shot.
Seeing Each Day says
Those pictures are so beautifully Christmassy – I wouldn’t have minded sitting in the chair if the room in your first capture – how warm and welcoming. Also loved the shot of your littlest people traipsing through the snow. We have just returned from holidays although the weather was a little in contrast to yours! Renee.
I love this and am stealing your idea for tomorrow’s post! :) We had a wonderful Christmas…one of the best!
Awesome post and photos!! Truly a magical place to have Christmas:)