Instead of stressing and lamenting over everything I didn’t do this month, I decided to sit down and write down what I did do … a little month in review as it were. And I’m not going to make any apologies for my seemingly easy life … I’ve paid my dues … I’m retired. But I still have dreams, goals, and ambitions.
It was a busy month and it blasted by, and it seems all I could do was berate myself for not doing this and not doing that … I was completely down on myself.
You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked.
Try approving of yourself and see what happens
~Louise L. Hay~
So, to start with, I run a household: I shop, plan meals, cook, clean, etc. etc. with no outside help (yes I know, many of us do ;) and we should pat ourselves on the back, right?
All my meals are homemade. I also baked a cake, and tried to make Valentine cookies which was an epic fail, and into the garbage they went (can’t remember that last time that happened … but in my defence I was running up and down stairs doing laundry and at the same time trying to help the hubs with some plans we’re making ;)
As well, I:
- accompanied the hubs on a 4 day business trip (which was fab by the way)
- attended a book binding class in real life and created my very own journal
- hosted 2 separate family weekends
- hosted a friend for 2 days: visiting, shooting still life, and doing a little junque shopping
- attended two webinars and various classes (online)
- created and gave away 2 word art images
- styled, shot, and/or edited 22 images which I posted on Instagram
- wrote 11 blog posts, drafted several more
- spent at least an hour a day in the back end of my blog: cleaning, sorting, and organizing old posts
- spent a few hours researching ideas for new posts (I’m constantly trying to figure things out)
- followed up on several leads for sponsored posts
- prepared and sent out a newsletter
- started on a project that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time … it’s not going great, but I’m making progress
All in all I think it was a very successful month and I’m full to the brim with gratitude.
Thank you January, I approve!!