Hello February, and welcome!
This year I’ve decided to start each month off with a bit of (electronic) housecleaning—but first, lets examine the colours of my world: shades of white, grey, brown, and even black.
There’s a world of research on colour psychology: white is deemed pure, sincere, and happy. Grey is subdued, quiet and reserved. Brown is rugged, and black signifies fear, grief, or sophistication.
How does this photo make you feel?
The soft tones and similar hues make me feel calm, happy, and safe. It’s also causes a desire to buy flowers ;)
This year, I’ve decided that at the beginning of each month (after I’ve reviewed the previous month) I will:
- completely clear out my “Current Import” folder in Lightroom, placing any unorganized photos into their proper previous month’s sub-folders (I usually do this on an ongoing basis, but at the end of the month I will make sure to clear them out)
- back up my phone, copy all photos and videos to Lightroom, and, as I find time (i.e. waiting in airports etc.) selectively delete most of them (off said phone)
- make sure all documents are in their proper folders (as in clean off my desktop)
- back everything up to my monster EHD
- clean out my inbox: make sure I’ve made all replies and then trash and burn
So far, so good :)