Hello … I’m just popping in with a little Happy Mother’s Day wish, and an easy DIY herb pot using Mod Podge and wrapping paper.
mothers are like buttons
they hold everything together (perhaps like Mod Podge too ;)
This little pot of Lemon Thyme smells divine … I wish you could smell how truly lemony it is …
And how cute is that terra cotta pot?
After I opened a gift from my oldest daughter, I couldn’t stop admiring the soft tissue-like paper that it had been wrapped in. Rather than sending the pretty paper to the recycle bin, I used Mod Podge to adhere it to the pot. As you can see, I didn’t worry about wrinkles (wish I could say that about myself ;)
Pretty Easy DIY Herb Pot
- Tear a piece of pretty wrapping paper or tissue paper the size of your chosen pot
- Using a brush or sponge, apply Mod Podge to the entire outside surface of the pot
- Place paper over the pot, gently smoothing into place, folding the edges underneath about 1/4 inch
- Let dry completely
- Using sandpaper, sand the top edge of the pot for a rustic finish
- Plant herbs in a plastic container that fits inside the pot and place inside
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy these: