Welcome to “app” happy wednesday #7!
If you’re new to the party, this is a weekly link-up to share your photos edited with “apps” of course!
- Use any “app” you like and perhaps explain how you used it.
- Did you use just one? Did you combine apps?
- Simply create some art. Post it on your blog or Flickr or wherever you are uploading your work, and then come back here and link it up!
- Visit a few friends to see what they are up to and perhaps learn some fabulous new tips and techniques.
- Spread the word about the link-up, the more the merrier!
- Each party will start at 5:00 am on Wednesdays and will stay open until the following Sunday night at midnight.
*NEW* and exciting news! you can now use Instagram to link your images! Way cool! Check out the article here. I added a link and it works like a charm!
This week I wanted to share a little bit about Iconosquare (formerly Statigram). Have you heard about it?
It’s an online program that not only tracks and analyzes your Instagram feed, it provides viewing and organizing tools. It’s not a program or an app that you download — you work with it on your computer. I happen to be a little “nerdy” about keeping things organized and finding out how things work so I really kinda like this.
“Statigram is no longer only about analyzing your performance on Instagram it is also about managing your activity and engaging your community.”
There are several types of snapshots that you can generate and they are updated about every 12 hours.
This is an “Instagram Summary” snapshot which you can share on Instagram if you like (use the hashtag #acticonosquare).
This is a “Most Liked Media” snapshot (#photoiconosquare). When Iconosquare was still Statigram you were able to create a little video of your most “liked” photos but I can’t find that option anywhere. It looks to me like it’s simply a snapshot now.
You can also
- see and organize your feed into groups
- get statistics on who is following you and who has decided to quit following you (insert sad face here but just get over it)
- see how many comments you have
- add an Instagram tab to your FB page
One of the cool things it offers is a snapshot of your feed to create a cover for your Facebook Page:
I really encourage you to check it out. You simply have to sign in with your Instagram ID and you’re good to go. I’d love to know what you think of this… leave a comment and feel free to speak your mind. Is it a form of bragging? Is that bad? What do you love/not love about Instagram? Is it a tunnel dragging us in/down? I personally don’t care for commercial promotions but then what am I doing when I promote “app” happy wednesday?
Now let’s see what you’ve been up to! Don’t forget you can now link up directly from Instagram! I’m linking one from my feed today – hope you “like” it! tee hee
*sorry … this series is closed