The Doors of Barrio Viejo

barrio viejo

This is one of the images I took while on our photo walk in the Barrio Viejo, Tucson. I liked how the green window frame and the green leaves on the tree had some of the same tones; almost neon. I also liked the way the tree was creating a frame across the top of the building and drawing the eye in.

I’m contemplating having this put on canvas and then hanging it in our little kitchen. The tiles on the counter are this same blue, with some rusts and greens and reds – sounds perfect! Hope I follow through!

I’m a bit out of the loop – I see TT is about love this week so here’s my nod to love…

barrio viejo

kk_seriousmagic on the top photo

Texture Tuesday at Kim Klassen dot com

Comments

1. says

I love that first shot and I think it’s a wonderful idea to put it on canvas. You will enjoy remembering that day as you spend time in your kitchen…..

2. says

Yes! This would be perfect on canvas and a wonderful addition to your kitchen! Your ‘nod’ to love is pretty, too. {I almost forgot the ‘love’ theme, too, being so used to free and easy, so I found a quote to go on mine.}

3. Claudia says

Love your photos. The colors are beautiful. You really do need to get that on canvas. Not only a great photo but every time you look at it you will have sweet memories. Love your butterfly pictures. ☺️

4. says

I think that is a perfect idea for your kitchen and how fun to have a place here to do up with your art from the area. Sounds perfect and I loved the way you explained the image so nicely. the heart door is perfect for the Love theme.

5. says

Beautiful! I love the colors in the first image – I hope that you do hang it in your home, it’s a lovely image. I love the hearts in the second image too!

6. says

I haven’t been to Tucson in ages! But the color is unforgettable. I know you are fully enjoying yourself. I’m about to go read your DS tutorial I guess I should say watch….

7. says

I agree with the chorus above that the colors and composition on your photo from a walk in the Barrio are stunning. But, I also love the swirls and curls of the heart-shape iron work on the door – abstract, architectural, and elegant. Well done!

8. Terri Porter says

Echoing everyone’s sentiments about printing your barrio photo to hang in your kitchen. It would be a lovely reminder of a wonderful day! After my second visit down there, I created a collage of door images and it hangs in my kitchen reminding me of what an amazing place it is. So much fun to share it with you!

9. says

I really like how you made that connection with the green window frame and the leaves of the trees. I think you absolutely should go ahead and organise that enlarged image of that photo. I also enjoyed your list of 10 about Arizona. Hope you are going ok. Renee.