Vintage Blue with a Touch of Lemon

I felt I needed a bit of colour this week and because I couldn’t find any flowers I liked, I bought some lovely Meyer lemons. I piled them into my big old glass cookie jar with the blue stripes and blue lid, and added one vintage blue mason jar in the background.

meyer lemons

myer-lemons1-copy

What a bright spot in my otherwise white and grey wintry world. When I went back and looked over my last few posts I was struck by the lack of colour in them. Not a bad thing, just an observation … .

As I mentioned in my 14 in 2014, I’m trying to get a handle on LR. It’s really only the organizing part that I can’t (couldn’t) seem to grasp. But I decided to start over with a brand new catalog and simply go from there. I ‘m pleased to say that something has “clicked” and so far, so good. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Texture Tuesday at Kim Klassen dot com

kk_trace

Comments

1. says

Beautiful shots Barb, I also have a hard time with the organization in LR. I love the software but keeping the organization straight is just not easy for me especially when I go to making a collection or a smart collection it just hasn’t clicked yet. Hope it clicks like it has for you.

2. says

First of all, I love this photo! Maybe because I love lemons? Anyway, I have the darndest time with organization in LR and they say that that is the best reason to use it. HA!

3. says

I just love these photographs, Barb!
    Although we have some really beautiful sunshine today, the windchill is well below 0, so it’s a little tough to be outside enjoying it for very long. Hopefully tomorrow! :-)

Have a great day!

4. says

Gorgeous images, as always Barb. Blue is my favorite color and those yummy looking lemons fit so well in your scheme. I always look forward to seeing what you come up with.

5. says

oh barb this is just so lovely…the soft blue and pale yellow. i’m with you…needing some color! and hooray on LR! i know it’s a little tricky at first to understand. but i don’t know what i would do without it now!

6. says

That is a great idea Barb, such a sunny colour and it goes so well with blue. I’m glad you are getting the hang of Lightroom.

7. says

Yellow is such a bright, lovely color and a reminder of Springtime and blue is always a favorite with me. Lovely idea for some color. Happy Tuesday :)

8. says

Okay, so I came over from Texture Tuesday, and am so glad I did. I need more time with your blog. I’ll be back tomorrow for a good sit down with a cuppa. Your photography is beautiful.

9. says

Oh my word your photography is stunning! I’m friends with Jo-Anna and she just sent me your way, I adore your photos, VERY beautiful. I can see I have a thing or two to learn! Off to check out your instagram!